*From the beginning of the cleanse the frequency of urination goes up almost immediately. Day 5 started an increase in bowel movements. While 1-2 was average for me on the cleanse I am having 4-5 bowel movements. This is all perfectly normal and apart of the whole cleansing/detoxifying process. As toxins come out of fats and other areas they are conjugated to make them water soluble. This allows for safe elimination.
Today the sinus draining continues and has developed into a small cough. While that I can handle okay cravings have started hitting me hard. All of my favorite foods were flowing through my mind and vegetables and fruits were not apart of it. This is a rough spot on this program because now your mind starts justifying why it would be okay to cheat just a little bit. Just imagine the little devil and angel versions of yourself on your shoulders. One is telling you to be strong while the other says give into temptation. Fortunately today I listened to the angel and I did not falter. Instead I made some guacamole and salsa and ate them with sweet potato chips which satisfied my cravings.
The rest of the day I had my shakes as per usual and for dinner my wife and I made spaghetti squash with cubed sweet potato. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients: Spaghetti squash, organic tomato sauce, onions, mushrooms, and sweet potato, avocado oil, seasonings,
1) Half the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle on Celtic salt and pepper. Add butter to the top and bake for 40 min at 375 degrees.
2) While that is baking saute onions and mushrooms. Once brown add tomato sauce and seasonings to taste and simmer.
3) The sweet potatoes are easy. Just cut up into cubes and saute till lightly browned in acocado oil.
4) After the squash is done use a fork to pull out the squash meat which will come out in strands like spaghetti. Put on a plate and add sauce. Enjoy!
Sinus drainage continues and I’m coughing more than yesterday. For breakfast we did our usual shake which is feeling more routine and easier to do. For lunch I wanted to shake it up a little bit so I took my wife to a vegan Indian buffet. It may not be organic but they do a good job at cleanse friendly foods with a lot of different spices and flavors. As we perused through the different foods I realized a bad thing. This was not a vegan buffet. They had both chicken and lamb.
Now if you don’t know this about me I am a huge meat eater. I am an O blood type and they are notorious for eating higher amounts of meat. So doing this cleanse/purification program is one of the biggest challenges for me.
Needless to say the overwhelming savory aromas were too much temptation for me and the little devil on my shoulder won. I cheated and ate meat. Does this mean I should stop the cleanse? Should I start over? No. I fell of the wagon but like anything else you have to get back on. For dinner I had a shake.
Drainage is starting to lessen and so to the coughing. For breakfast and dinner I had a shake. At lunch time my wife and I made butternut squash soup. Here’s how.
Ingredients: 1 butternut squash, onion, sweet potato, carrot, avocado oil, vegetable broth, coconut cream ,Celtic salt and pepper,
1) Like before halve the butternut squash and bake for 40 min at 375 degrees.
2) Saute cut up onions, sweet potato, and carrot in oil. After it is brown add a quart of vegetable broth and 3 tablespoons of coconut cream and let simmer.
3) When squash is done add the squash meat to the broth vege mix and blend. This has been one of our favorite meals.